NetWare Volume Sync
Last Update: April 24, 2015
Portlock Storage Manager provides a feature for synchronizing NetWare volumes.
In the left tree window expand Portlock Library -> Remote Systems ->NetWare Servers. Right-click on your NetWare server and select NetWare Volume Sync. A wizard will display to setup a NetWare volume sync. The sync parameters are stored in an XML job file that can be replayed.
- NetWare 6.5 SP8.
- A future update will support OES 11 SP2.
- Portlock Storage Manager Client 3.36 (To be released June 2015).
- Portlock Storage Manager for NetWare 3.26 (To be released June 2015).
- Synchronize NetWare volumes on the same or different servers.
- Synchronize entire NetWare volumes or only certain directories.
- Synchronize only directories for high speed copying of Trustees, Directory Quotas and User Space Restrictions.
- Several volumes can be synchronized at the same time.
- Mirror and Copy types of synchronization.
- File attributes and ownership are copied and managed.
- Trustees, Directory Quotas and User Space Restrictions are copied.
- Alternate Data Streams, Extended Attributes and Name Spaces are copied.
- Compressed files are synchronized as compressed files (no decompression required).
- Uses file snapshots for locked files.
- Supports NSS Pool Snapshots.
- NSS volumes do not need to be mounted.
- The source volume can be on a server booted with the Portlock Boot CD (offline synchronization).
- Supports scheduling.
- Supports integration with EFL (Event File List) for continuous synchronization.
- Supports writing synchronization records to a SQL database.
- Supports sending status reports via email.
- Skip files based upon type, name or extension.
- Skip specific files and directories.
- Skip NetWare reserved file types.
- Syncs can be cancelled and restarted at a later time.
- Store synchronization job parameters in an XMLfile for repeatable syncs.
Table of Contents:
NetWare Volume Sync Wizard
NetWare Volume Sync Status Dialog